They were delicious!
I originally wanted to make roasted potatoes to serve along with the Cheddar Bay Biscuits, but I didn't have any potatoes at home that day.
With no potatoes in hand, I was left with store bought french fries to work with. I didn't want to just serve them as is, so I combined some spices and herbs to give the fries my own twist and make them more exciting.
I let the store-bought frozen french fries thaw for several hours before I used them. I used abut 3/4 of the bag with the following amount of spices:
In a small bowl, combine the following spices and herbs:
- about a 1/2 of teaspoon salt (this is to taste, depending on salty you like things)
- about a 1/2 teaspoon of paprika (to taste)
- about a 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper (to taste)
- about a 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder (to taste)
- about a 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder (to taste)
- about a 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (to taste)
- about 1 tablespoon of dried parsley flakes
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Line your baking sheet with foil (or whatever else you prefer).
- With the fries on the baking sheet spray them all with a non-stick spray, making sure all the fries are covered.
- Sprinkle the spice and herb mixture from above on the fries. Toss with a spatula or your hands!
- Bake it for about 25 minutes, tossing them around at least once in between.
What I loved about how these fries turned out was the fact that it didn't even taste baked - they had the fried taste, in a [relatively] healthier manner.
P.S. This post is a part of my "What's for Dinner" series, where I share what I've been cooking and my recipes. Grab and share my button: