I bought my cousin, Rabiya, a recipe book as a gift and I couldn't help but browse through it first though and this recipe caught my eye right away. Rabiya has been "helping" me cook and bake since she was very young. I have so many memories of pulling a chair alongside me for her to stand on top of so she could see/help.
Once I gave her the recipe book, I copied the recipe, made some changes, and tried it out -- it was absolutely delicious!
What you need is:
- a 9-inch One-Crust Pie Shell [store bought works great]
- 1/4 cup of butter, softened [which is 1/2 a stick]
- 3 ounces of milk chocolate
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup chilled whipping (heavy) cream
To make your Pie:
- Over low heat, melt your butter and chocolate. Then, remove from heat.
- Mix your sugar and cornstarch together and then stir it into chocolate mixture.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs in a small bowl [on medium speed] until it is thick, and almost lemon colored; stir into chocolate mixture.
- Cook mixture over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly until thick and glossy; stir in vanilla. Cool ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Beat whipping cream in chilled medium bowl until stiff.
- Fold chocolate mixture into whipped cream. Pour into pie shell.
- Cover and freeze for about 4 hours, or until firm, before serving.
Garnish with whipped cream, and chocolate shavings if you would like to do that.
P.S. This post is a part of my "What's for Dinner" series, where I share what I've been cooking and my recipes. Grab and share my button: