Although I was still super tired from the trip to Virginia, Monday was one of those days that I needed something sweet. Like at that very moment.
The first thing that popped in my head? Chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake squares. It's something that's been on my "to-do" list for a long while. Half way into the process, I just turned it into a cheesecake. I used my chocolate chip cookie recipe for the cookie dough portion of it.
Here's what you need:
- 1 and 1/2 cup of graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons of [unsalted] butter, melted
- 1/2 cup of [milk] chocolate chips
- 2 packages of [8-ounce] cream cheese, softened
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 a cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 a cup of [packed] light-brown sugar
- 1/2 a teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 cup of [milk] chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Spray your [9-inch] [spring-form] pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Start off with the crust: combine your melted butter and graham cracker crumbs. Add in the chocolate chips. Press your mixture into the bottom [and lower sides if you want] of your pan.
- Cream your cream cheese using your mixer before adding in the sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Beat the mixture again until it is nice and smooth. Pour your mixture over the pressed crust layer.
- Next, start the batter for your cookie dough. I used my homemade chocolate chip cookie dough recipe, but you could use store-bought dough for convenience.
- In small amounts, add the cookie dough batter on top of the cream cheese filling layer. You want to do this like a crumbled topping type of way. As the cookie dough bakes, it will spread.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 50 minutes. Let it cool before cutting into it so you give the cheesecake time to settle.
P.S. This post is a part of my "What's for Dinner" series, where I share what I've been cooking and my recipes. Grab and share my button: